I remember when 30 seemed so old, and so farrrrrrr away. Now it's heerrreee to stayyyy... Oh I believe, in yesterrrrday! Ooops, please forgive my singing.
So I figured I should do some sort of walk down memory lane, and share my biggest achievements, errrr... fondest memories, no, that's not right, well just 30 things I remember from my 30 years on this planet. Unfortunately, my memory is not very good, as you'll see...
- I learned to walk, and talk, and use a toilet
- I figured out that wearing athletic shorts and a t-shirt to school every day isn't necessarily "fashionable"
- My soccer team won a state championship soccer tournament, go Fireballs
- I wore my first dress ever (~age 12)
- I learned that boys are not all that cool
- I ruptured my spleen playing soccer, spent 8 days in a hospital, and lived to talk about it... only time I've ever skipped Thanksgiving dinner
- I graduated high school, in one piece
- I moved 500 miles away from where I grew up, and learned how to speak "southern" (i.e. mater, tater, yeller, holler)
- I made some incredible friends
- I joined Facebook (obviously a life-changer here)
- I turned 21, and didn't puke (that I remember)
- I graduated college
- I went to Europe and drank a lot of beer
- I got my first full time job, working 60 hours a week
- I called an exterminator... over a fake spider under my guest bed
- I bought a house
- I got a really fluffy puppy and named her after a beer
- I got engaged
- I got a new job
- I quit my first job (hallelujah!)
- I got married
- I started a food blog
- I ran a half marathon
- I realized I don't like running all that much
- I learned how to poach an egg
- I went ghost hunting
- I had one of my recipes published in a magazine
- I ate my first crab (on my one-year wedding anniversary, holy crap)
- I went camping, despite the bugs, and mastered my super-secret master-casting technique
And the most important achievement thus far...
30. I killed a spider all by myself (and with the help of a tissue box)
Now I need a glass of wine. Cheers!